Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The dark cloud, the hovering shadow.

Alright, so I guess it's time I start using this blog to help hopefully other people affected with something that has really affected me.

I have endometriosis.

If you don't know what it is.. try and start here. I'm not writing for pity or sympathy. I'm blogging hopefully to help at least someone who has faced endo. If you have endometriosis, or know somebody who has it; you most likely know that the most important thing is support. As I have mentioned before, I have a boyfriend, he's amazing. Not that I'm ready to have kids yet, but we have talked about the fact that I have endometriosis and that there may be complications in the future. One of the scariest moments of my life was preparing for that initial conversation. I mean come on, how do you go about something like that?? "Oh hey, by the way, I have this disease.. I might be kind of a brat sometimes, and I won't always feel up to things requiring loads of energy everyday. I can't help it... Oh and you wanna know what it is that I have? Well.... ya know... girls have this thing called a period... and well someone like me might have more complications/issues than 'normal' people... oh and one last thing, if we happen to get married and if you're planning on kids.. welll just so you know it's going to be a trial and error type kinda deal? Okay?? Awesome THANKS!". Not exactly a conversation that is super exciting.

Please comment, ask questions, anything??

No comments:

Post a Comment