Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Stronger

In life, we're all faced with different battles. We are constantly forced to deal with experienes that make us feel uncomfortable, vulnerable, weak, unsure, etc. Sometimes.. it's a lot easier to turn your back or to just shut up about it; but it is so important to deal with them. Accept that something is happening and making you feel a certain way; but understand and believe that it will get better and that you will be able to learn from it.



It can be difficult to push past the pain and the heartache; but you can do it. Life has thrown me many curves involving broken relationships; betrayal; health issues to just touch briefly on a few. There are days that I don't want to get out of bed and I know it would be so much easier to just lay in bed and sleep my life away. Life is worth it, though. It's worth getting up everyday and doing everything in your power to move forward.. even just a little bit. I just remember that there is more to life than this. Think about everything that He has blessed me with. When my family fell apart, He revealed to me my family through Him. I am so thankful for my brothers and sisters that I have found through God. When I suffered, He revealed to me ways that I can be an outlet and help other people which allowed me to deal with certain feelings and grow into a much stronger person. When I am in pain; I am reminded that I can't do this on my own and that it is okay to ask for help.


Most of my life I have felt defined by circumstances in which I could not do anything about. I allowed that definition, conviction, and ridicule destroy me. Then I decided that I wasn't going to allow it to control me. There is no reason that anything should have that much power over you. One of my really good friends is constantly there to remind me that I am the person in charge of my life. I determine who I am and what I want for my life and then it is MY responsibility to do whatever I can to become the person I want to be and acheive what I want to acheive. Nobody else can tell me that I can't do something that I want.

You are stronger than the mistakes that you've made.

No comments:

Post a Comment