Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Living with Innocence

Why is it so difficult to express yourself and 'be real' these days? Think about a child; they experience everything for the first time with wonder, excitement, and appreciation. They laugh when something's funny. They cry when they are upset. They aren't afraid of what might happen if they do a specific action.

What changed?
I just want to be able to go out and scream 'i love you' if that's how I feel. I want to cry when I'm upset or in pain and not feel weak. I want to have the confidence to know in my heart that whatever I do.. no matter what.. Life will go on. If we stopped being afraid and putting walls up; we would all be able to experience a beautiful life. But because we are constantly questioning ourselves and what we believe is right and good. The bad and darkness is life has become the source of everything we do. If we avoid anything that might hurt us; what is the point of being alive? If we don't ever put ourselves out there, then we may be missing the best thing that was supposed to be ours. We constantly search and ask God for answers; but how do we know that He hasn't answered and we just aren't looking the right place. Open your eyes. I know it's easier said then done. But why not try it?

Live your life as if it's all for the first time. Take each moment presented to you and live it without fear or expectation. Just live.

No comments:

Post a Comment