Thursday, December 15, 2011

Life knocks you down more times than you can possibly imagine; don't knock yourself down.

Tonight, I'm feeling like I really need to work on the whole feel-good thing.

We need to stop tearing ourselves down; everyone does, but I feel that sometimes girls do it way worse because girls get so caught up in their thoughts and emotions that they become a reality. Many times, I feel that girls do things so that they can gain reassurance from someone else that they are smart, beautiful, witty, loveable, or all of the above. I mean come on, we're alll guilty of it. One of my favorite quotes is from the movie RENT, "You can't find real love, until you love yourself". I think that is sooo true. Girls, we can't bargain for love. We can't pretend to be someone or something that we are not and expect to find true love; if true love even exists, it wouldn't be true if we are constantly trying to fix our flaws and the things that we think are unlikeable. True love by definition would mean to find someone who loves all of you, no matter what; the good, the bad, and the ugly.. right?

Personally, I'm not sure about true love. I mean sure, I believe in love; there is no other way to describe the way that I've felt. However, do I honestly think that I would be 100% happy with someone and willing to work everything out with them? I honestly don't know. For me it's just so hard to believe that marriage can work. I dont' know, but I'll find out someday. I'll tell you this much though, if I do get married, I pray to God it's for the right reasons, and not because I faked/pretended/acted my way into being the perfect/ideal wife to someone.

Hmmm, lots to think about.

Sweet dreams, and may you always remember that there is beauty in this imperfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment